This article will tell you about best antivirus for Mac of 2019. Read it and learn more about all softwares, their feature and prices.
Fans of Mac will say that devices on macOS do not need antiviruses and will be right. The operating system developed by Apple is superior in security to Windows because it consists of many separate, isolated cells. If the virus enters one of them, it cannot spread further and reach the heart of the system. In addition, an important factor is that there are much more computers running on Windows than those using macOS, so it is more profitable for hackers to create viruses for the software with which you can get the maximum benefit.
On the other hand, Macs are becoming more popular and this is attracting malware developers. Statistics confirm this fact: in 2018, the number of viruses targeted for macOS increased by 270%. If your work involves constant work on the Internet, receiving and transferring files, you should think about security and play it safe to avoid material and moral damage from malware.
Top 10 Antivirus Software for Mac 2019
- Intego Mac Internet Security X9. Features: system scan takes 30 minutes; Scheduled and real-time scans are activated by default. You can disable the detection of viruses designed not for macOS.
- Norton Security for Mac. Norton is one of the oldest antivirus companies. The application recommends two plugins for Safari – Safe Web – warning about visiting a dangerous site, and Identity Safe – password management. The program has an unobtrusive interface, and protection mode is always on by default.
- Sophos Antivirus for Mac. This antivirus has one undeniable advantage for non-commercial and ordinary users – the basic version is free. At the same time, the user receives protection from viruses, the parent filter of sites, protection on the network from known dangerous sites and the ability to remotely control. The premium version includes an advanced level of protection, protection of private data and the ability to connect up to 10 devices. Antivirus detected all viruses, but some of them had to be removed manually.
- Avira Antivirus for Mac. This antivirus allows you to scan games and entertainment applications, as well as the contents of a USB drive.
- Antivirus Zap for Mac. Available in the Mac App Store, there is no real-time protection function, you need to run a computer scan yourself, the antivirus does not remove viruses, but provides it as a list from which the user manually removes viruses.
- Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac. Longer scan time, protection of payments on the Internet.
- ESET Cyber Security for Mac. Quick scan process, e-mail scan function, the ability to schedule a scan. After scanning, the program could not automatically remove 4 of the 9 detected viruses, but offered a convenient way to manually delete it.
- Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac. Quick installation and scanning process, detected all viruses, but ignored 4 of them without deleting them even after repeated scanning.
- Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac. Virus protection, VPN and plug-in for Safari. Fast scanning process. The program removed 7 out of 10 viruses, and reported that 3 viruses were found and removed.
Total AV. The real-time protection function does not work as well as stated, but with the application open, you can start a computer scan. Includes System Boost, Disk Cleaner, and ad blocking features in Chrome, Firefox, and Opera.